Superintendent - Roofing
Location : Lake Wales, FL
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Austin
Compensation : 55000.00 - 72000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Construction/Fabrication
Job Description :
Our growing client is looking to add an experienced Superintendent to their roofing team in Lake Wales, FL.
- Provide a great experience to our clients that will make them loyal towards our company.
- Overseeing daily job site operations, including maintaining adequate materials and supplies for multiple crews.
- Improving job site efficiency and cost containment.
- Scheduling in co-ordination with sales and management including designating material staging areas.
- Overseeing site foremen and ensuring they follow policy, as well as overseeing and training of individuals in roofing system installations.
- Responding to questions of clients, site foremen, management and including crew personnel scheduling and issues.
- Inspecting work in progress.
- Maintaining communication with Owner/management about important issues related to job progress, employee performance, or client success.
- The Superintendent will be responsible for installing roofing systems with the highest degree of quality, in the safest and most cost effective manner.
- Schedule and attend pre-planning sessions with clients.
- Attend pre-roofing meetings before roofing work begins.
- Coordinate work schedule with clients and subcontractors and inform Production Manager of all changes in the schedule.
- Maintain job site records, daily OPM reports, delay requests and weather reports as required
- Monitor job progress and control costs.
- Provide support to Production Manager as required for materials, schedule, and cost information.
- Prepare estimates for minor change orders. Provide information/support to estimators for major change orders.
- Attend Team meetings; and Weekly Scheduling meetings.
- Build and maintain a great crew to deliver a superior experience to our clients.
Required Qualifications :
- Be familiar with multiple types of roofing installation and manufacturers – BUR, Modified Bitumen Membrane (SBS, APP, peel and stick – hot, cold and torch), Single-Ply (EPDM, TPO, PVC, etc.), IRMA, Metal Roof Systems, Sheet Metal Trim, and Steep Slope Shingles.
- Coordinate daily work with multiple crews.
- Manage job costs and installation quality.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to build strong trust level with clients and provide a great experience before, during and after the project.
- Excellent time management & organization skills.
- Business and financial knowledge.
- Strong ability to help others succeed.
- Makes decisions with the “client’s needs” in mind.
- Supports decisions made by management.
- Works independently without close supervision.
- Able to think ahead, plan and prioritize workload.
- Produces work that is accurate and complete.
- Maintains focus and productivity under stressful conditions.
- Maintains an optimistic viewpoint that anticipates positive outcomes.
- Creative in their approach to solving problems.
- Prioritizes work and “juggles” multiple projects effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.