Inventory Control Specialist
At StaffBuildersHR, our goal is to place great people with great companies!
Our growing client in the entertainment industry is seeking a driven and detail-oriented inventory control clerk to be responsible tracking and maintaining the inventory needed for our business. Your responsibilities will include coordinating suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining inventory, quality assurance, and liaising with inventory teams and management. The inventory control clerk will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make decisions based on demand.
The right candidate should have prior knowledge of maintaining inventory within the lumber or construction fields. Some knowledge of sales and marketing principles is advantageous.
What Makes the Job Great
- Great company culture with unique capabilities
- An opportunity to work with a rapidly growing company
- Creating unique products within a niche industry
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build relationships with suppliers and distributors
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management
Who We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Relevant experience required
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Driven and competitive
- Understands retail math and has strong analytical skills.
- Communicates effectively and has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Works well independently and with a team
- Learns new skills quickly
What You Can Expect
- Pay is based on experience
- Schedule will be discussed
- Health insurance offered
StaffBuildersHR offers weekly pay plus a benefits package after your temporary period. We know that every applicant deserves a committed approach from our team. We work to provide a quick and respectful process – often being able to offer you a job the same day you apply!