Location : Bartow, FL
Job Type : Temporary
Reference Code : Braygon
Compensation : 18.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Environmental
Job Description :
Hydro-blasting Technician (HBT) is responsible for performing work using high pressure water blasting equipment to clean industrial plant surfaces and equipment, move materials from tanks or vessels, and perform rigid and flex lancing when required. Technicians will be required to load and unload equipment, tools, and supplies, always wear all appropriate PPE to protect against any injury and conducting their work in a safe manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously works in an efficient and safe manner wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Perform industrial cleaning work as directed, as well as setting up the water blast unit, running hoses to work areas (including elevated platforms), changing nozzles and guns, and performing maintenance on the water blast equipment.
- Ability to safely perform water blasting and lancing activities up to 20,000 PSI.
- Keeps work areas and break areas in the clean.
- Ability to load and unload equipment for the job, setup and breakdown equipment, and utilize various sized hydro-blast hoses, or any other systems and processes for the job
- Hydro-blasting duties may be low pressure to high pressure (3K psi up to 20k psi).
- Will work in industrial settings including power plants, chemical plants, mining facilities, wastewater plants, manufacturing plants, and other industrial facilities.
- Physically fit and able to lift 50lbs and handle hydro-blasting shotguns, rigid or flex lance’s, and associated appurtenances
- Manually cleans, mucks out and de-sludge various industrial systems, tanks, process tanks, conveyors, etc.
- Uses various manual tools and equipment to affect industrial cleaning operations (i.e., shovels, scrapers, rakes, squeegees, etc.).
- Working in potentially elevated noise levels, various temperature environments (including extreme heat), working at different elevations, including work from mechanical lifts, shift work, flexible schedules, etc.
- Operates and maintains equipment for optimum safe performance and efficiency.
- Ensures proper use of equipment and immediately notifies supervisor of any mechanical failure or problem with any equipment.
- Maintains housekeeping standards in own work area.
- Adheres to all company corporate policies and standards including human resources, facility guidelines, equipment operation and maintenance.
- Properly prepares equipment and worksite daily. Ensures that assigned tasks are performed with the highest level of quality.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors on areas such as safety, quality and integrity.
- Strong mechanical reasoning ability preferred, and the ability to work in a team based environment.
- Completes all appropriate paperwork including daily work sheets, JHA Forms, and pre and post trip inspections.
- Trains Technicians and Operators in equipment operation and necessary paperwork.
- Operates all necessary hydro-blasting equipment (up to 20,000PSI) in service to the company in accordance with training and safety procedures.
- Ability to perform manual labor if necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be committed to and able to perform all assigned duties safely, always.
- Must have completed the minimum qualifications of a Technician and an Operator.
- 5+ years of experience of industrial cleaning or directly related experience preferred.
- Must meet all physical requirements and able to safely perform all duties.
- Must be thoroughly trained and able to operate high-pressure industrial water blasters, and other necessary equipment on various projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors.
- Ability to understand and follow specific procedures and directions; unwilling to cut corners.
- Must be able to safely and effectively perform decontamination process of assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting equipment is preferred.
- Must exhibit the following attributes: Effective Communication, Conflict Resolution, Performance Management, Managing Change, Collaboration, Safety and Health Awareness.
$15.00-$18.00/hr based on experience
Required Qualifications :