Fleet Maintenance Technician
Location : Bartow, FL
Job Type : Temp to Direct
Reference Code : Braygon
Compensation : open - $18-$22
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Environmental
Job Description :
As a Fleet Maintenance Technician, you will perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on cars, trucks, and off-road equipment in a safe, efficient, quality minded and customer focused manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repair work on vehicles such as breakdowns, malfunctions and emergency roadside repair in a safe, efficient, and quality manner.
- Perform maintenance and repair on equipment to manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain the safety and reliability of the unit
- Perform operation test prior to repairs to verify complaint
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturers specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition (gas and diesel), electrical systems, brakes, and HVAC systems
- Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format, follow parts ordering/billing procedures.
- Perform final operational test on all vehicles to quality-check all repairs
- Ensure that company vehicles are kept clean and washed after repair is completed
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit.
- Perform preventive maintenance on trucks such as fluid changes, lubrications, safety inspections, and brake repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance on off-road equipment such as lubrications, adjustments, cutting tip replacements, and safety inspections.
- Examine vehicle to determine if any additional safety or repair work is needed.
- Perform maintenance and repair welding on equipment. Fabricate parts as required including any design work needed
- Inspect for cracks or damage to assess needed repair
- Fabricate parts as needed to complete repair including any design work
- Perform welding repair to manufacturer’s guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- HD truck technical training or 2 years related experience
- Current and valid commercial driver’s license strongly preferred
- DOT Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Fleetio and Deltek Vision preferred
- Proficient with computer and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of engines and controls
- Knowledge of transmissions and controls
- Knowledge of brakes and suspensions
- Knowledge of hydraulics and ANSI A92.2 guidelines
- Knowledge of the various vehicles and equipment such as vacuum trucks and roll off trucks
Required Qualifications :