Field Service Technician
Location : Bartow, FL
Job Type : Temp to Direct
Reference Code : Braygon
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Environmental
Job Description :
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drum processing, industrial cleaning work, and emergency response member
- Continuously works in an efficient and safe manner wearing appropriate Personal protective Equipment
- Keeps work areas and break areas in the clean.
- Ability to load and unload equipment for the job, setup and breakdown equipment
- Will work in industrial settings including power plants, chemical plants, mining facilities, wastewater plants, manufacturing plants, and industrial facilities.
- Uses various manual tools and equipment to affect industrial cleaning operations (i.e., shovels, scrapers, rakes, squeegees, etc.).
- Working in potentially elevated noise levels, various temperature environments (including extreme heat), working at different elevations, including work from mechanical lifts, shift work, flexible schedules, etc.
- Operates and maintains equipment for optimum safe performance and efficiency.
- Ensures proper use of equipment and immediately notifies supervisor of any mechanical failure or problem with any equipment.
- Maintains housekeeping standards in own work area.
- Adheres to all ACT corporate policies and standards including human resources, facility guidelines, equipment operation and maintenance.
- Properly prepares equipment and worksite daily.
- Ensures that assigned tasks are performed with the highest level of quality.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors on areas such as safety, quality and integrity.
- Strong mechanical reasoning ability preferred, and the ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Able to perform tank cleaning, general construction, equipment decontamination, vehicle / equipment maintenance
- Use of all levels of PPE, completion of daily time sheets, equipment preparation
- Team member for all types of industrial cleaning, remediation, and emergency response work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school graduate or GED Equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in environmental, construction, contracting type work, preferred
- Osha 40 hours training, preferred
- Proficient operation of heavy equipment including, hydraulic excavators, front end loaders, skid steers, mini-excavators, boom trucks, and all forklifts, preferred
- Proficient operation of CDL class vehicles including, but not limited to; semi-truck/trailer, box truck, dump truck, roll-off trucks, vacuum trucks, industrial loaders, and jet/combination vacuum trucks, preferred
- General maintenance of equipment and vehicles
- Must be able to pass drug tests (pre-employment and random).
- Must have the ability to read and write.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation required.
- Must be safety conscious and have good work ethics.
- Must have telephone access and able to be reached at all times.
- Must complete all pre and post training including safety, new hire, and all applicable facility required trainings.
- Ability to understand basic operating instructions, safe work practices, and commercial/industrial processes.
- Follow OSHA, MSHA guidelines and all ACT safety standards.
- Must be ability to follow directions as provided by supervisor and report any and all issues to the supervisor immediately.
- Ability to move up to 50 lbs., with or without accommodation.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves physical manual labor.
- Must have strength and endurance to withstand constant force of the blast gun.
- Ability to maintain alertness and fitness for duty.
- Ability to position oneself for work conducted in and around confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to perform workloads that may include travel, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- Able to physically control industrial hydro blasting and vacuum equipment.
- Able to carry industrial hoses (up to 50 lbs.) up and down multiple flights of stairs.
- Must be able and not afraid to enter confined spaces through a manhole or work at elevated heights.
Required Qualifications :