Field Service Supervisor
Location : Bartow, FL
Job Type : Temp to Direct
Reference Code : Braygon
Compensation : open - $20-$25
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Environmental
Job Description :
The Field Service Supervisor must be able to work on remediation and industrial maintenance/cleaning projects. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execution of field work in remediation, industrial cleaning & maintenance projects, petroleum and chemical storage tanks, and emergency response operations.
- Supervise project-assigned labor forces and direct field crews including equipment operators, CDL drivers, field technicians, and emergency response crews in the competent completion of their work.
- Completion of all job-specific, employee-related paperwork including Daily Work Sheets, Safety JHA’s, Drivers Logs, Manifests, Bills of Lading, Site Specific Permitting, and any other applicable project related paperwork.
- Understand and implement project scopes-of-work in compliance with project budgets, schedules, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Under direction from Field Services Manager, Project Manager, or Group Manager, schedule and direct the cost-effective utilization of project personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors to minimize unneeded costs resulting in better efficiency.
- Work safely and ensure that the crew under their supervision is working safely during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field.
- Ability to read and understand common danger placards / labels and health & safety related literature including site safety plans.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed (Minimum requirement of CDL B Tanker).
- Must have experience operating vacuum trucks, roll-off trucks, industrial loaders, and combination jetting/vacuum trucks.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of scheduled and non-scheduled projects, with work conditions varying significantly depending on the project.
- Must always be willing to be clean shaven to allow immediate use of a full-face respirator. • Must be willing to participate with emergency response on-call schedule and unscheduled call outs if necessary.
- Project work may require out of town travel for up to two weeks or more
- Trains Technicians and Operators in equipment operation and necessary paperwork.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be committed to and able to perform all assigned duties safely, always.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supervising remediation and/or industrial cleaning/maintenance projects.
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response, manual labor, general construction, industrial cleaning) is preferred.
- Qualified employees must possess the 40-hr HAZWOPER certification.
- A valid driver's license is required with a minimum CDL B/Tanker Endorsement.
- Confined Space Entry certification is required.
- Must meet all physical requirements and able to safely perform all duties.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors.
- Ability to understand and follow specific procedures and directions; unwilling to cut corners.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting equipment is preferred.
- Must exhibit the following attributes: Effective Communication, Conflict Resolution, Performance Management, Managing Change, Collaboration, Safety and Health Awareness.
Required Qualifications :