Day Shift/Lumper/Dock Worker
Location : Lakeland, FL
Job Type : Temp to Direct
Reference Code : Tamra
Compensation : open - 12.00-16.00
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-2
Required Education : High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Warehouse
Job Description :
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: talk; hear; performing activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as kneeling, bending, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials; use hands and arms in reaching, handling, and manipulating objects or controls; running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles such as forklifts; frequently lift and/or move up to 110 pounds. Work environment: work in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures; indoor work environment; moderate noise level.
Applicants must consent to and pass pre-employment drug screen, physical, background check and credential verifications as conditions of employment.
• Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
• Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment. • Clean equipment or machinery and work areas.
• Reliable, consistent attendance is a requirement and essential function for this position.
• Other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of equipment (forklifts and pallet jacks), policies and procedures to promote effective safety and security of people and facilities.
• Ability to select, lift and move products in a safe and timely manner to meet transportation departure times for on-time delivery to customers.
• Ability to exert physical force to lift or carry objects.
• Ability to understand oral and written instructions to carry out and accomplish work assignments.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Good organization skills – prioritize work assignments and manage work time.
• Basic skills in use of computers and software programs.
• Work experience driving forklift (stand-up, sit-down, or both) and pallet jack. Preferred Qualifications:
• One (1) year work-related experience, skills and knowledge.
Monday Thru Friday 7:30AM to finish
Pay rate is $13/hour
Required Qualifications :
Skills :Forklift Order Puller