Blasting Service Manager
Location : Bartow, FL
Job Type : Temporary
Reference Code : Braygon
Compensation : 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Environmental
Job Description :
The Blasting Services Manager is responsible for the safety, quality, management, and overall coordination of the Blasting group to ensure safe quality solutions to our clients. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Jobsite Managers (JSMs) and Blasting staff to ensure workload is being executed via the job pack and in an efficient manner; Focus on using the appropriate resources to achieve the goal of completing the work on time and under budget.
- Promote ongoing and complete communication between Project Managers (PMs) and Blast teams.
- Responsible for communicating any issues/concerns with blast work to the appropriate Group and/or PM and assist in resolving them.
- Ensure company safety policies and procedures are being followed.
- Assist PMs in identifying scope of work changes.
- Responsible for training Supervisors, Technicians and Operators in equipment operation and necessary paperwork.
- Ensure all Raw Data (employee timesheets, receipts, jobsite notes, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) form and manifests) from the previous day are legible, accurate and meet company paperwork requirements/quality standards. Ensures all paperwork is turned into the appropriate Project Manager Assistant (PMA) in a timely manner.
- Organize, implement, and maintain the scheduling system, supporting identified projects and their plans. Schedule work and departmental activities relating to staff availability and skillsets, trainings, equipment, and materials. Review schedule during the weekly PM meeting.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
- Inform management of risks effecting project profit, costs, schedules and client relations.
- Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on reworked schedules.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance to identify developing problem areas.
- Ensure materials and equipment are pre-arranged for upcoming projects.
- Ability to successfully lead projects and teams in other lines of business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of administration and supervision and applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- 10+ years of experience of industrial cleaning or directly related experience preferred.
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response, industrial services/cleaning, manual labor, general construction) is preferred.
- Qualified employee must possess the 40-hr HAZWOPER and MSHA certification.
- WJTA certification preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required. CDL license preferred.
- Confined Space Entry certification is required.
- Must meet all physical requirements and able to safely perform all duties.
- Must be thoroughly trained and able to operate high-pressure industrial water blasters, and other necessary equipment on various projects.
- Extensive industry knowledge to include the Environmental, Industrial and Heavy Equipment trades.
- Ability to travel, including some overnight.
- Pre-employment drug screen according to Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Acceptable driving record in accordance with Insurance & Driving policy.
- Satisfactory background check.
$65,000 - $75,000/yr based on experience
Required Qualifications :