Robot Programmer - 1st Shift
1st Shift - 7:00am - 3:00pm
The Robotic Weld Programmer (Panasonic) is responsible for keeping all Robots in the facility operational and productive with no, or very little, impact to manufacturing.
Here’s what you will do:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic weld parameters, torch angles, welding methods, basic programming
- Reading and working from blueprints, programming and editing complex weldments, while operating a highly technical robot, and working with select weld processes.
- Provide technical support in developing and improving welding processes.
- Assist in the integration, start-up and debug of plant floor welding equipment, including weld controls, MIG welding robots, spot welding robots.
- Provide support in the analysis and resolution of weld equipment failures.
- Change welding consumables as needed.
- Troubleshoot part fit-up problems.
- Provide general weld support to welder operators and assist training.
- Familiar with preferred electrical and required mechanical troubleshooting.
- Manage department tools and equipment.
- Responsible for manufacturing quality parts; including workmanship, system functionality, providing corrective action feedback to responsible parties.
- Perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.