- Create purchase orders for the acquisition of materials utilizing internal purchasing practices and following Company process and authorization matrix
- Determine and maintain optimal stock levels through active and effective interaction with warehouse personnel
- Execute purchasing strategies with suppliers including on-going negotiations, price management and day-to-day support of efficient supply chain operations
- Play a key role in the development and execution of multi-regional procurement strategies including supplier segmentation, bidding, cost analysis and inventory optimization
- Develop and maintain relationships with both internal customers and suppliers while aggressively driving to results that make our company more competitive
- Assists in estimation of projects through updating and managing costs for standard supplies as well as procurement or special order items
- Identify, gather and analyze internal and external intelligence such as market trends, supplier capabilities, specification data and customer requirements to optimize long-term purchasing decisions
- Proactively generate and implement ideas that will continuously improve our overall operations and business processes
Work collaboratively with others in the branch on projects as needed
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
- 3 to 4 years of purchasing experience with a construction company with knowledge of construction materials and supplies.
- General knowledge of purchasing procedures, common industrial terminology, and common business software.
- Familiarity with commonly used commercial construction concepts, practices, and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, negotiating, written and verbal skills with the ability to professionally communicate with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of job costing and budgeting as well as superior analytical skills
- Drive to achieve and product results on time.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Knowledge of Sage 300/Timberline software a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree desired, Certified Purchasing Professional a plus
- Ability to communicate with internal customer’s regarding work status and requirements
· Competitive salary with the opportunity for bonuses. Medical, dental, and visions benefits. Paid holidays and PTO.