The position is responsible for the preparation and processing of Bi-Weekly payroll for the employees. Work includes payroll,accounts receivable,pass sales entry, basic account reconciliations, data entry and all fringe benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Handles all payroll related work, including but not limited to:processing of all benefit requests; maintaining employee payroll deductions; preparing and distributing payments; inputting employee payroll hours into MCSJ,and all other related payroll items.
2. Posts journal entries for payroll deductions and payroll taxes.
3. Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for over all employees; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
4. Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. gross payroll, hours, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
5. Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service
6. Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
7. Responsible for Accounts Receivable to ensure timely and accurate billings and payments for the Accounting transactions with customers
8. Maintain up-to-date billing system
9. Generate and send out invoices
10. Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
11. Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
12. Perform account reconciliations
13. Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
14. Research and resolve payment discrepancies
15. Generate age analysis reports
16. Review AR aging to ensure compliance for 30,60 and 90 days
17. Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
18. Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
19. Process credit card payments
20. Prepare bank deposits
21. Investigate and resolve customer queries
22. Process adjustments
23. Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
24. Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail and or personally
25. Assist with month-end closing
26. Collect data and prepare monthly ledger reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of basic finance and accounting principles. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
· PC literate, intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research. Ability to learn computer software associated with position.
· Must be a self-starter; able to work independently.
· Ability to communicate effectively with management, internal staff and external vendors.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, customers, and the general public.
· Uses sound, independent judgment in daily work activities and exercises discretion;has strong ethical standards.
· Knowledge of accounts receivable
· Knowledge of office administration and procedures
· Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
· Knowledge of general accounting principals
· Proficient in relevant computer software
· Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
· 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience