Night Shift Operations Manager
We are seeking a Night Shift Operations Manager to become an integral member of our team!
The Night Shift Operations Manager plans, directs, and administers all aspects of the company's night shipping operations including monitoring transportation department effectiveness. Night Operations manager will be responsible for all night operation team and actives including, shipping, receiving, storing, requisitioning, housekeeping and stocking a wide variety of food products. Oversees the enforcement of all warehouse and transportation procedures and practices while ensuring customers' needs are meet. This position reports to the Operations Manager and provides positive hands on interaction and communication with all team members, leads, other department managers also including drivers and customers.
Previous experience supervising resources and work processes in a food distribution warehouse and transportation facility is highly desired.
- Manage the work of direct reports to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems, and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Implement corporate lean business systems, best safety practices and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Discuss job performance problems with employees in order to identify causes and issues, and to work on resolving problems.
- Motivate, train, and develop employees in job duties and company policies.
- Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
- Assist in determining staffing requirements, and interview, select and train new employees.
- Manage activities directly related to making products or providing services (as appropriate for assignment).
- Assist in coordinating organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency (as appropriate for assignment).
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production or shipping facilities for night shift (as appropriate for assignment).
- Administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies (as appropriate for assignment).
- Coordinate and communicates the work of maintenance department and repair of machinery, equipment, electrical and mechanical systems and maintenance of facility and grounds (as appropriate for assignment).
- Supervise supportive services such as record keeping, mail distribution, telephone operator/receptionist, and other office administration services (as appropriate for assignment).
- Manage transportation fleet to ensue all federal compliance and DOT regulations are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervising and evaluating work performance of employees, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Use of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Give full attention to what other people say, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talk to others to convey information effectively and accurately.
- Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) set up functions; enter data, or process information.
- Process customer service and sales skills, to better service our customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Knowledge of 3PL business rate models. The ability to professionally communicate with 3PL business owners and staff.
- Knowledge of transportation, safety and compliance.
- Ability to work with transportation contract carriers and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of transportation brokering requirements and rate negotiations.
- Associate Degree in Business or related field and five (5) year work related knowledge, skills, and experience OR High School Diploma/GED and seven (7) of Warehouse Management, Logistics, and/or Supply Chain experience in a food distribution environment, nights shift experience.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good organization skills - prioritize work assignments and manage work time.
- Proficient use of computers, computer systems and office management software programs.
- Microsoft office, Excel Proficient.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field.
- Ten (10) years of Warehouse Management, Logistics, and/or Supply Chain experience in a food distribution environment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Voice Picking
- Routing and routing software knowledge (Paragon).
- AS400 operating system knowledge