Job Type : Temp to Direct
Reference Code : Austin
Compensation : 16.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Office
Job Description :
We are looking for medical billers to join our clients growing team in Dunwoody, GA.
Job duties include:
- Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance of patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Updating billing software with rate changes.
- Updating cash spreadsheets, and running collection reports.
Required Qualifications :
- Competent use of computer systems, software, and 10 key calculators.
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 Coding.
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues.
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Being able to triage priorities, delegate tasks if needed, and handle conflict in a reasonable fashion.
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections.
- A calm manner and patience working with either patients or insurers during this process.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality as per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Ability to multitask.