Job Description :
We are looking for a manual machinist for a busy fab shop. This a great opportunity to join a well established and well respected company. Generally this position sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools and equipment.
The duties of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
• Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
• Machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites to specifications using precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathes, milling machines (vertical & horizontal), shapers, grinders, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches, and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
• Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to tolerance specifications, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and gages.
• Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
• Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work. Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
• Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
• Position and fasten work pieces.
• Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, study sample parts, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
• Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
• Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
• Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
• Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
• Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
• Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
• Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
SHIFTS 7:00AM-3:30PM (Monday-Friday) Must be willing to work rotating shifts from 7:00 am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to 11:30pm and be able to conform to a strongly enforced safety program, and have excellent attendance, health, dependable transportation, and be drug free.
Salary is $20 to $26/ hour and is based on experience. We offer health insurance, paid holidays, and vacation benefits, when eligible.
Required Qualifications :
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of 1) estimating time and materials for machine jobs, 2) metals, the quality, machinability, and uses of metals, alloys and other materials, 3) machining and tool knowledge including their design, usage, repair and maintenance, 4) design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Effectively interpret and translate instructions to other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
Has the ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Has the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Has the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Has the capability to lift 50lbs when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.