The Logistics Manager is responsible for all deliveries and pickups for truck load (TL) and less then load (LTL) business, dispatch and driver management, DOT compliance, equipment management/utilization, appointment scheduling for deliveries and pickups, log reviews, and safety and compliance meetings.
• Review work flow activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and improvement.
• Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with senior management and Human Resources as necessary.
• Approve staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those processes.
• Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits (as appropriate for assignment).
• Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services (as appropriate for assignment).
• Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency (as appropriate for assignment).
• Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand (as appropriate for assignment).
• Manage the movement of goods into and out of production or shipping facilities (as appropriate for assignment).
• Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies (as appropriate for assignment).
• Oversee the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, electrical and mechanical systems and maintenance of facility and grounds (as appropriate for assignment).
• Plan, direct, or coordinate supportive services such as record keeping, mail distribution, telephone operator/receptionist, and other office administration services (as appropriate for assignment).
• Reliable, consistent attendance is a requirement and essential function for this position.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Three (3) years work-related knowledge, skill or experience.
• One (1) year work experience supervising in the transportation/logistics industry.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Good organization skills – prioritize work assignments and manage work time.
• Advance skills in use of computers and software programs.