Cylinder Press Operator-Printing
We are looking for a Cyliner Press operator for a local, well established printing company. This is a great opportunity to become part of a family oriented team and grow with the company. This is a temp to hire position.
Job Summary Responsible for setting up and operating an automatic cylinder screen printing press according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines. Cleans and maintains press and work station by performing the following duties personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Receives production order and job assignments from supervisor.
● Verifies size, color, and type of substrate and color of ink from job order. Obtains and checks screens, squeegee, and related supplies to produce job.
● Sets up press by installing screens, squeegee, flood bar, and by registering stock to press and screen image; sets up feeder, take-off, and stackers.
● Sets dryer for proper drying or curing.
● Prints proof sheets, checks registration and color matches against job order, and secures supervisor's approval prior to production run.
● Prints job maintaining optimum production rate, color density, registration, and quality standard according to customer specifications or company guidelines
● Maintains continuous inspection of job specifications and quality throughout production run, collecting production run samples as required.
● Follows all safety and operational procedures.
● Responsible for directing the work of a press helper.
● Completes production records.
● Ensure proper cleanliness of press, work station, and immediate press area with assistance of press helper Perform minor press repairs when necessary.
● Trains press helper to operate press.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Carries out conduct and leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED): or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to one- on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and occasionally to sit. The employee must regularly lift/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Some independent travel may be required.