Customer Service Representative
Primary Purpose: Provide customer service to internal and external customers regarding the status and/or repair of motors and/or components.
- Customer Service
- Provide assistance and respond to internal (Account Managers, Coordinators, Shop Managers) and external customer inquiries in person, via email, and/or over the phone.
- Communicate to internal and external customers providing status, completion dates, and any job status change.
- Complete the QA 503 form by physically inspecting the motor and/or component to capture pertinent information related to servicing.
- Create and assign job numbers for incoming work and create job packets.
- Prepare job worksheets for each job and distribute to applicable departments as needed. Scan job worksheets into the job tracking system.
- Print delivery tickets for outgoing jobs and scan into job tracking system/software.
- Ensure job tags are made for repairs as needed.
- Order name plates for motors.
- Obtain purchase orders and/or job approvals from customers.
- Create quotes/work scopes for jobs.
- Maintain and file customer purchase orders. Verify and enter customer purchase orders into job numbers/sales orders.
- Assign job numbers/sales order numbers to customer purchase order. Scan into job tracking software and forward Accounting for filing.
- Fax customer purchase orders to necessary parties as needed.
- Check the proof for customer information such as the ship to address and the customers billing number prior to sending to the Billing/Accounts Receivable Department.
- Ensure that the work scope/quote matches the PO number or the customer approval amount. Compare actual costs to quoted costs.
- Provide the billing proof to Coordinators with comments or concerns in for review of their departments’ labor hours and materials used. Attach the reviewed work scope/quote, PO/approval, and delivery ticket with the proof to the Billing/Accounts Receivable Department for processing.
- Update all jobs in Navision.
- Respond to service requests in a courteous and timely manner.
- Maintain a record of phone conversations with customers.
- Place weekly time cards in the designated areas.
- Provide employees’ weekly pay checks to Coordinators.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper safety equipment including but not limited to eye, ear, and hand protection.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work environment at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Promote strong company image and maintain positive working relationships at all times including professional behavior with customers, vendors, and co-workers (daily basis).
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
- Perform work according to established company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of customer service experience or sales support experience.
- Repair and/or manufacturing customer service a plus.
- Strong communication both written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft software and database software.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division including understanding fractions and percentages.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to routine duties within set company standards.
- Travel may be required.