We have an immediate opening for the full time position of Builder Coordinator. The Coordinator will work directly with the Business Development team in the new homebuilder division. They will focus on new construction scheduling and coordination for large national and regional home builders. The primary function of this position will be communicating with builder superintendents, downloading house selections and PO’s, processing the house file for installation, ordering materials for the jobs, and inputting the data into work orders in Solomon. Other functions include filing claims for manufacturing defects and helping A/R with the application of payment, invoicing, and check reconciliation. The person in this role will be in the office full time.
A general knowledge of flooring materials and installation methods is beneficial; however, thorough understanding of flooring types or processes is not necessary. The ability to read construction plans and/or experience working for a home builder, general contractor or subcontractor would be advantageous. Training on all types of materials and installation methods along with the proprietary software that will be provided. A thorough understanding of the construction process is not required but would be advantageous. Strong phone and email communication as well as the ability to multi-task in a hectic environment is required. A strong sense of urgency and desire to creatively resolve problems is required.
Managing homebuilder installations is a combination of organization, paperwork, and communicating with Field Managers and the Installation Department. The process begins with downloading plans and selections, confirming quantities, ordering materials, creating work orders, and confirming schedules. Forethought and conceptual problem solving skills are required to accommodate clients and reduce the risk of installation delays. After the installation is finished, the Coordinator will close out the work orders and send invoices, when necessary.
- Experience in home building or a desire to learn the homebuilding business.
- Ability to read and interpret house plans, selections, and specifications.
- Ability to pull information from multiple sources to create work orders
- Desire to seek out the most efficient and effective way to solve problems and complete tasks.
- Ability to think quickly, make decisions, and direct on-site personnel if needed.
- High quality standards and confidence.
- Good typing, Word and Outlook skills required. Excellent Excel skills required.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to call builders and homeowners to discuss concerns.
- Excellent organization and time management skills are essential.
- Ability to learn the company’s scheduling/accounting/inventory software.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- 401k with company contribution of $0.50 on the dollar up to 6% for matching.
- First year 12 days paid time off. After Second year 18 days paid time off.
- Medical and Dental paid by employer at 75%
- Great corporate culture and working environment.c