Account Management Specialist
The Account Management Specialist (AMS) will be the liaison between our Sales team and other departments within our company such as Purchasing and Logistics. The AMS is responsible for generating new leads and building rapport, through occasional visits and communicating with customers to understand their needs and ensure a seamless sales process. This position will work both independently and collaboratively with sales, prioritizing order entry.
- Maintains accurate records of account dealings: orders, credits, adjustments and all related maintenance through our customer information system.
- Generates sales leads that develop into new customers.
- Assists sales rep with increasing sales with existing customers.
- Assists sales reps, Customer Service Representative (CSR) and customers with quality and credit issues.
- Builds and maintains strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Ensures the timely and successful delivery of our products according to customer needs and objectives.
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner, any issues or changes to order status as necessary.
- Verifies availabilities as necessary and communicates accurate information to sales staff and customers.
- Develops a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders
- Visits customers and vendors occasionally to assess customer needs and maintain relationships
- Two years of college or 2+ years’ experience in sales/customer service
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Horticulture or floriculture experience preferred, but not necessary